Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
About the Android and iOS App Developer position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: Lead Developer
We’re looking for a full-time Android and iOS Developer to join our global and remote team. The ideal candidate is experienced, creative, hard-working, organized, detail-oriented and a professional app developer with excellent communication skills in English. We have an in-house software development team building a suite of web and mobile applications that support our language service activities.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for application development, integration with back-end web services and deployment.
- Design and build applications for iOS (Swift) and Android (Java) platforms.
- Liaise with different members of the UX and development team to develop the highest quality mobile apps for our clients.
- Accountable for implementing the design provided by the UX team and making sure that all the design elements are precise and as derived from UX input.
- Responsible for building reusable code and structures.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications, and their adherence to the designs.
- Adhere to coding best practices, ensuring code quality and organization.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Android and iOS development, integration and deployment.
- Experience in web service integration (SOAP, REST and JSON), third-party SDK integrations, OAuth, push notifications, Firebase Features and API integration.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental design principles (both Android and iOS).
- Proficient understanding of multi-threaded programming styles and performance tuning, unit and integration testing.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of version control systems (Bitbucket, GitLab) and experience working in an Agile environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Strong decision-making, attention to detail, organizational and skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or C1 level) and fluent in a foreign language.
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.