Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
View our website at: wwww.daytranslations.com
About the Localization Engineer Position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: Localization Manager
We are looking for a Localization Engineer involved in all aspects of the localization process, from analyzing client source files, preparing localization kits and building localized applications to providing support to linguists during the testing phase. The Localization Engineer is responsible for communicating issues to the Project Team and taking the lead on finding solutions to these issues. The Localization Engineer possesses extensive knowledge of localization tools and Localization Industry standards. The Localization engineer will be expected to jump into different tech scenarios with each account and quickly figure out simple and elegant solutions.
This is a full-time work from home position, and we are hiring worldwide. We offer many benefits in our compensation package such as:
- Paid and Non-Paid Time Off
- PTO Benefits such as Vacations, National and Local Holidays, Sick Leave, Marriage Leave, Birthday Leave, Parental Leave and Funeral Leave.
- Bonuses such as Employee of The Month, Outstanding Performance Bonus and Anniversary Bonus.
- Career development and growth with paid webinars and courses.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate, compile, test and support a wide variety of client requirements with multiple applications
- Analyze project requirements, prepare localization kits and conduct localization-related engineering tasks
- Define localization processes, select tools and contribute with knowledge management in the creations of SOPs and training of Localization team
- Define Quality Assurance requirements on projects and quality testing efforts such as spot-check QA on externally localized pieces to ensure technical accuracy
- Re-engineer files after translation (GUI resizing, syntax verification, etc)
- Work with testers and linguists to resolve issues during testing
- Constantly reassess processes, to ensure the optimal solutions are in place
- Automate the workflow processes, drive, implement and document the best localization practices
- Management of translation memory, glossary, and style guides, including leveraging and word-count management
- Track changes to script content in conjunction with the localization project manager and the production team
- Provide technical support to external integration teams and other third parties
- 3+ years of experience as a Localization Engineer or similar position
- BSc or BA degree in Translation, Engineering, Programming or other relevant areas
- Proven extensive knowledge of SDL Trados, Parser Rules, Passolo, MemoQ
- Proven experience with Translation Management Systems (TMS) such as Transifex, Phraseapp, Lokalise, etc. and amiliarity with SQL databases and content management systems
- Proven knowledge of XML, JSON, PO, XLIFF and internet-related technology such as .NET, HTML, XML, PHP, ASP
- Extensive technical knowledge of Localization tools and industry standards in different areas such as Web, Multimedia, Desktop Publishing, E-learning, Mobile Apps and/or Videogame localization
- Experience with managing software localization testing projects
- Excellent communication/people skills including the ability to convey technical information to a cross-functional team including client technical and non-technical resources. Strong organizational and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Foreign language skills and experience with double-byte/bidirectional languages highly desirable
- Work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, prioritization, multitasking and time management skills. Be able to work independently as well as in a team
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.