Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
View our website at: wwww.daytranslations.com
About the Localization Project Manager Position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: Localization Manager
We are looking for a Localization Project Manager who will coordinate the efficient running of projects in the Localization Department, controlling the quality of output and ensuring that customer requirements are met.
You should possess a deep understanding of localization procedures and ability to do client consulting, and management of localization project workflows towards maximum performance.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Consult with client to formulate workflows and understand requirements directly with customers
- Perform evaluation of costs and prepare project budgets and quotes for clients
- Manage workflows to meet specifications and deadlines
- Oversee the localization process and resolve issues
- Supervise and review the performance of localization linguists
- Calculate the number of necessary resources, such as workforce, vendors, tools, and others
- Enforce the adherence to quality standards are met
- Monitor the financial health of projects to ensure the profit margin goals are met
- Prepare reports on your activities and present them to upper management
- Collaborate with knowledge management in the creation of SOPs.
- Cross collaboration with other internal departments: with Human Resources and training of new members, with Marketing and Business Development with the elaboration of business proposals, with IT in the localization of internal projects.
- 1+ years of experience of working as a Localization Project Manager or other similar position
- BSc or BA degree in Translation, Localization Engineering, Programming or other relevant areas
- Excellent knowledge of project management concepts in diverse localization projects and industries such as but not limited to mobile apps, websites, e-learning and gaming
- Good practical experience with localization software
- Strong decision-making, communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or C1 level) and fluent in a foreign language
- Results-driven approach and strong business and sales-oriented thinking
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.