Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
About the Scrum Master / Full Stack Developer position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: CEO
Day Translations seeks a Scrum Master and full-stack developer with the ability to lead others and grow with our team. We are a translation and technology firm that is rapidly growing and very progressive when it comes to technology. We need someone who is very knowledgeable. We are seeking a confident, humble, avid communicator and natural leader for this position. You will start by joining the team of developers, marketers and more. You will be managing them in the best method you can think of, such as Scrum, Agile, using Atlassian, and other methods. You will also be required to speak to the president of the company on a regular basis. You will be working with the current Dev-ops manager.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to potential customers.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Analyze and remove impediments by finding the right personnel to act on the impediment.
- Building a safe environment based on trust where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Certification in Scrum and experience implementing Agile with the Scrum Framework.
- In-depth knowledge in CodeIgniter, Laravel, Python, PHP and RestAPI.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Familiar with CRM and sales software such as Salesforce, Pipedrive, and others.
- In-dept understanding and knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge in translations technology, CAT tools, or LSP services is preferred
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Strong decision-making, attention to detail, organizational and skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or C1 level) and fluent in a foreign language.
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.