Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
About the Front-End Web Developer position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: Development & Design Manager
Day Translations is looking to hire Front End Web Developers to join our global remote team. As the Front-End Web Developer, you will help build client–side web application development and translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
This is a full-time work from home position, and we are hiring worldwide. We offer many benefits in our compensation package such as:
- Paid and Non-Paid Time Off
- PTO Benefits such as Vacations, National and Local Holidays, Sick Leave, Marriage Leave, Birthday Leave, Parental Leave and Funeral Leave.
- Bonuses such as Employee of The Month, Outstanding Performance Bonus and Anniversary Bonus.
- Career development and growth with paid webinars and courses.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX and JSON parsing
- Advanced knowledge and experience in working on Wordpress is must
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image is a plus.
- Good Understanding of localization plugins like WPML, Weglot is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.