Day Translations is a global translation and interpreting company. We help improve worldwide communication through accurate, localized translations, interpretation and outsourcing services, and a wide variety of tailored language solutions for individuals, organizations, and businesses of all sizes.
About the Financial Accountant position
Position type: Full-time
Location: Remote job (America, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Asia)
Reports to: CEO
Day Translations is announcing its career opening for the position of Financial Accountant to join our global and remote team. As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for organizing our finances of our day to day operations and doing bookkeeping of all our transactions. You will be part of our internal team and assist in the creation of financial reports in order to analyze data for improving our decision-making process. You will take part in providing statements, invoices, and financial audits. You will also evaluate requests and approve budgets for specific projects. In this position you will be working closely with our external accountant and payroll manager. A successful candidate has experience using the software QuickBooks or FreshBooks and has excellent communication skills. We offer many benefits in our compensation package such as:
- Paid and Non-Paid Time Off
- PTO Benefits such as Vacations, National and Local Holidays, Sick Leave, Marriage Leave, Birthday Leave, Parental Leave and Funeral Leave.
- Bonuses such as Employee of The Month, Outstanding Performance Bonus and Anniversary Bonus.
- Career development and growth with paid webinars and courses.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the finances of our day to day operations and keeping a very organized detail of all our company’s transactions.
- Work closely with our external Accountant and Payroll Manager regarding financial reports.
- Provide advise to our CEO and teams regarding financial decisions.
- Use the software Quickbooks or Freshbooks on a daily basis for accounting and bookkeeping.
- Be able to handle employee payroll services.
- Be able to send 1099 forms and communicate clearly and directly with our freelancers informing them of the status of their forms.
- Create reports and send analysis about them with the objective to state if we are spending too much, too little, and where we should spend.
- Analyze and ensure that we always abide by the strictest legal and ethical standards of accounting.
- Be able to work as a team member and speak to clients and freelancers if your accounting expertise is needed such as refunds processed, status as freelancer / contractor, et cetera.
- A degree, certificate, or license in accounting.
- Familiar with accounting software such as Freshbooks and Quickbooks.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Strong decision-making, attention to detail, organizational and skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or C1 level) and fluent in a foreign language.
Candidates should be prepared to take additional tests/interviews.